Job Ref: #220518MfgOM
A fantastic opportunity exists for a highly motivated Manufacturing Operations Manager
Level: Senior Management Team
Industry: Data Centre, Information Technology and Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Leading and communicating the direction of the manufacturing team
Note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia and have a valid drivers licence to apply for this job.
Do you have a history of fostering a lean culture?
Are you capable of developing other team members to think lean?
We are looking for a highly motivated Manufacturing Operations Manager to oversee and grow our manufacturing activities.
You will be an experienced leader in lean manufacturing implementation and team skills development.
By managing day-to-day activities, you will play a vital role at SRA Solutions.
You will be required to coach your team on the shop floor to achieve sustainable productivity improvement and to liaise with other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization, presenting findings to stakeholders and higher management, as well as training and supervising new employees and tracking and measuring staff performance.
The successful candidate requires excellent technical abilities, critical thinking, communications skills and attention to detail and will have a relentless approach to continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety of all team members in the manufacturing environment and fostering a safety culture.
- For meeting production targets.
- Developing and executing maintenance plans to ensure plant and equipment are available to support manufacturing operations.
- Management of resources (staffing, materials, & equipment) to meet customer demand.
- Planning and controlling change.
- Managing quality assurance programmes.
- Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency.
- Setting and reviewing budgets and managing cost.
- Overseeing inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout.
You will manage day-to-day targets while simultaneously developing and progressing towards a multi-year business plan.
Skills and Experience
- A background in business and engineering or other technical field is desired.
- Capable of managing a workforce of 30+ people.
- Experienced leader in problem-solving, analysis and team skills development.
- Lean manufacturing training required, including in-depth knowledge of key lean principles: Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Standard Work, Visual Management, 6S, etc.
- Ability to drive sustainable improvements in non-production disciplines by working with other departments using lean & visual techniques.
- Capable of managing change as we implement new technologies into manufacturing.
- Proficient in Excel and other analysis tools.
- Experience working in ERP systems.
This position reports directly to the Managing Director and currently has the following direct reports:
- 2 x Factory Managers
- Maintenance Engineer
- Scheduling and Administration Assistant
- Purchasing Officer
SRA Solutions is based in Queanbeyan, NSW only a 17-minute drive from Canberra City.
We would consider NSW relocation assistance for the right candidate.
A competitive salary package, including incentives and allowances, will be negotiable and commensurate with skill level and experience.
About SRA Solutions
SRA Solutions is Australia’s most respected and successful 19″ Rack manufacturer. We provide server room and turn-key data centre infrastructure.
At SRA Solutions we’re known for being an innovator and for providing exceptional customer service.
We are a company that is positioned well to expand and respond to the current rapid growth in the Australian data centre market. Over the next few years we see a driving need to increase production capacity to support our customers.
Why SRA Solutions?
SRA Solutions are an Australian owned “equal opportunity” employer with over 30 years experience in 19” Rack Manufacture and we are a major player in the delivery and installation of Data Centre Infrastructure and Server Room Solutions to the Australian Data Centre Market.
We look for and encourage people that are passionate about their work and the industry. This dynamic and dedicated company is backed up by an approachable leadership team, that believes if the company does well, all employees should share in the success, in meaningful ways.
Every employee has a stake in the company’s success and performance.
We define clear and specific expectations for what success looks like in any given job, then treat employees as adults by giving them as much autonomy as possible to get the task accomplished.
Employees are provided with ongoing opportunities and incentives to learn, develop and grow, both in establishing job-specific skills and also the skills that serve them well as individuals and as leaders and managers.
SRA Solutions has a clear vision and identity. We strive to let employees know where the company is pointed, what the company believes in and what everyone is working toward.
If you think this is the opportunity for you and you see a long-term future with SRA Solutions, fill out the form below and don’t forget to attach your current resume.