Job Ref: #170119Field Service Technician
An opportunity exists for 2 skilled Field Service Technicians based in Sydney and Melbourne
Level: National Service Team Member
Industry: Data Centre, Information Technology and Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Design, install and maintain critical Data Centre Infrastructure
Location: Sydney or Melbourne (+ support to the Service team Nationally)
Travel: Local and Interstate travel up to 30%
Note: To Apply for this Job
You must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Have a valid Australian drivers licence.
Trade diploma or degree qualification in electrical, communications, electronics or mechanical disciplines.
The successful candidate requires excellent Australian/English language, written and verbal communication skills, technical abilities, critical thinking and attention to detail.
We are looking for a highly motivated Field Service Technician who will be responsible for a wide variety of hands-on design and manufacturing projects, working with clients to develop ideas from measure and quote, through to design, build, implementation, test and maintenance.
This role offers a broad variety of responsibilities and great learning and development opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, install and maintain critical Data Centre Infrastructure including, racks, containment, secure cage, UPS and cooling systems and perform in-house and on-site repairs as required in accordance with service and maintenance agreements.
- Modify or update equipment where required.
- Liaise with Project Management to carry out site inspection, commissioning and testing of Project jobs. This will involve the creating, modifying of all documentation and reports for submission.
- Provide Technical assistance/support to Technical staff and Service contractors.
- Undertake training and provide training, for customer staff and sub-contractors where required.
- Comply with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Be aware of the company’s and your own obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations as well as the company’s documented Quality Management system.
- Be aware of the companies and your own obligations under the relevant Environmental Regulations.
- Ensure the company’s Quality Assurance objectives are met.
- Work in a team environment.
- And any other job-related duties that may be requested from time to time.
Skills and Experience
- 5 year’s experience in a technical role
- Customer service experience
- Australian/English language written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including MS Office, Excel, Word and ERP systems
- Report writing and administrative
- Organisational skills
- You will work with internal skilled trades, operators and outside vendors.
- Experience in the sheet metal manufacturing industry would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to support client demands as required.
This position reports directly to the General Manager – Solution Architecture, Projects and Service Delivery.
Field Service Technician – Sydney Office, located in Silverwater.
Field Service Technician – Melbourne Office, located in Docklands.
A competitive salary package, including allowances, will be negotiable and commensurate with skill level and experience.
About SRA Solutions
SRA Solutions is based in Queanbeyan, NSW. We are Australia’s most respected and successful 19″ Rack manufacturer. We provide server room and turn-key data centre infrastructure. At SRA Solutions we’re known for being an innovator and for providing exceptional customer service.
We are a company that is positioned well to expand and respond to the current rapid growth in the Australian data centre market. We see a driving need to increase production and our Field Service capacity to support our local and National customer base.
Why SRA Solutions?
SRA Solutions are an Australian owned “equal opportunity” employer with over 30 years experience in 19” Rack Manufacture and we are a major player in the delivery and installation of Data Centre Infrastructure and Server Room Solutions to the Australian Data Centre Market.
We look for and encourage people that are passionate about their work and the industry. This dynamic and dedicated company is backed up by an approachable leadership team, that believes if the company does well, all employees should share in the success, in meaningful ways.
Every employee has a stake in the company’s success and performance.
We define clear and specific expectations for what success looks like in any given job, then treat employees as adults by giving them as much autonomy as possible to get the task accomplished.
Employees are provided with ongoing opportunities and incentives to learn, develop and grow, both in establishing job-specific skills and also the skills that serve them well as individuals and as leaders and managers.
SRA Solutions has a clear vision and identity. We strive to let employees know where the company is pointed, what the company believes in and what everyone is working toward.
If you think this is an opportunity for you and you see a long-term future with SRA Solutions, fill out the form below and don’t forget to attach your current resume.