Job Ref: #1406RoboticsEng
An opportunity exists for a highly skilled Robotics and Automation Engineer
Level: Senior Engineer
Industry: Data Centre, Information Technology and Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Implement robotics and automation throughout our manufacturing facility.
Note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia and have a valid drivers licence to apply for this job.
Knowledge of Robotic Systems & Programming
Knowledge of Pneumatic Circuits
The successful candidate requires excellent technical abilities, critical thinking, communications skills and attention to detail.
You will work with internal skilled trades, operators and outside vendors to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
We are looking for a highly motivated Robotics and Automation Engineer to oversee and grow our manufacturing activities.
This is a diverse engineering role and requires an experienced professional proficient with the use of advanced analytical techniques and problem-solving skills.
You will be responsible for a wide variety of design and manufacturing projects developing automation ideas from initial business case and concept, through to design, prototyping, build, training, implementation, test and maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the safety of all team members in the manufacturing environment and fostering a safety culture.
- Research on new equipment, systems, and processes to advance plant operations.
- Project cost justification and budget preparation.
- Preparation of cost estimates for early customer quotations.
- Develop program plans including Project Proposals, Gantt Charts, Open Issues Logs, Budgets and Spending Plans, and Lessons Learned Documents.
- Collaboration with outside vendors to ensure that all project goals are met.
- Supervision of equipment installation and commissioning.
- Ensure that equipment performs as specified.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate appropriate response measures for existing production equipment.
- Responsible for all aspects of electrical and control systems including electrical control system design, specification, programming, debug, and start-up assistance.
- Responsible for taking ideas through from concept to handover to the factory floor.
Skills and Experience
- Honours degree in Mechatronics Engineering or an equivalent degree required.
- Experience in the sheet metal manufacturing industry would be an advantage but not necessary.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule to support 7-day manufacturing operations.
This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Operations Manager
SRA Solutions is based in Queanbeyan, NSW only a 17-minute drive from Canberra City.
We would consider NSW relocation assistance for the right candidate.
A competitive salary package, including incentives and allowances, will be negotiable and commensurate with skill level and experience.
About SRA Solutions
SRA Solutions is Australia’s most respected and successful 19″ Rack manufacturer. We provide server room and turn-key data centre infrastructure.
At SRA Solutions we’re known for being an innovator and for providing exceptional customer service.
We are a company that is positioned well to expand and respond to the current rapid growth in the Australian data centre market. Over the next few years, we see a driving need to increase production capacity to support our customers.
Why SRA Solutions?
SRA Solutions are an Australian owned “equal opportunity” employer with over 30 years experience in 19” Rack Manufacture and we are a major player in the delivery and installation of Data Centre Infrastructure and Server Room Solutions to the Australian Data Centre Market.
We look for and encourage people that are passionate about their work and the industry. This dynamic and dedicated company is backed up by an approachable leadership team, that believes if the company does well, all employees should share in the success, in meaningful ways.
Every employee has a stake in the company’s success and performance.
We define clear and specific expectations for what success looks like in any given job, then treat employees as adults by giving them as much autonomy as possible to get the task accomplished.
Employees are provided with ongoing opportunities and incentives to learn, develop and grow, both in establishing job-specific skills and also the skills that serve them well as individuals and as leaders and managers.
SRA Solutions has a clear vision and identity. We strive to let employees know where the company is pointed, what the company believes in and what everyone is working toward.
If you think this is the opportunity for you and you see a long-term future with SRA Solutions, fill out the form below and don’t forget to attach your current resume.